Saturday, November 2, 2013

DAY 2

Day 2: I am thankful for my husband

Here it is at 9:30 at night and I haven't blogged my day 2 yet. Yikes! Hopefully this is cohesive and makes sense because I am running on 3 hours of sleep and a short nap.

Here goes...

I love my husband.

  Looking back 4 years ago when we started dating, our lives were SO different. I was a freshman at CNU, Jon was a senior at Virginia Tech. Ten months later I was a sophomore planning a wedding for December and Jon was living in Northern Virginia bringing home the bacon. A year after that (now we are in 2011), I was starting school again at Mason and Jon was still bringing home this bacon. And yet another year later we were finding out we were going to be parents the following summer. So here we are, in 2013. Married, homeowners, parents and Jon continues to bring home the bacon.

We have hit so many milestones together that make this adventure of life a great one. My husband is my best friend. For those of you who do not know him, he is a funny guy. One of the things I love most about him is that when he meets someone new, conversation appears to come so easy to him. There is no awkwardness with him. Looking back on our first date, it wasn't awkward at all. We were friends (in fact, I wasn't sure if we were actually on a date) and we talked and joked with each other. He cracks me up everyday.

It is not unusual to find myself in tears over something hilarious he said. Jon is also one of the most selfless people I know. He is always ready to lend a helping hand and never complains. And now, as we raise our first child together, I am still growing more and more in love with him everyday (cliched, but true). This guy has taken to fatherhood like a fish to water. Everyday I am astounded at how well he does with Addie. Not that I was worried :)

I love this guy.

Enjoy the pics! (They are completely out of order because I lost in a fight with Blogger)

My first dance, Feb 2010 at CNU

Our very first picture as a couple.  We were on a roof.  It was awesome.

Youth group hike summer of 2010

He is the bestest daddy to Addie.

One of my top 10 favorite pics.  Brothers in law :)


A friend's wedding Summer 2010

Jon's adorable wrinkled face when he laughs. Summer 2013

Taking a walk in summer 2010

A wedding in September of this year :)
DANI









No comments:

Post a Comment