Thursday, September 3, 2015

We're Expecting!

One of the hardest parts of the adoption process so far, besides the piles and piles of paperwork, has been the fact that we are expecting, but not outwardly.  There is a lot that does not happen like in a personal pregnancy:


  • I am not sick like last time we were expecting (thank the Lord!)
  • My pants aren't getting tighter and tighter as my belly grows with a little one inside.
  • We have no set date to tell friends and family.
  • I have no physical way to bond with our future little one before they actually arrive. 


It's very different in many ways, but also the same in others:


  • We talk about "New Baby" all the time, daily even.
  • I purchase baby carriers with the little one in mind.
  • We pray for our little one (and their expectant family).
  • We are preparing Addie through conversations and books.
WE know it feels similar, but many others don't realize that.  In conversations I have I have to constantly remind myself that it's not obvious that we too are expecting.  In fact recently I had to be reminded that I could fill out paperwork for a baby registry because I am actually expecting.  Good on you, Babies R Us for having an adoption option on the paperwork!

So join me in this "Paper Pregnancy".  It's not the same, but prayers for a healthy pregnancy and delivery are coveted for our future little one and the brave woman who will be carrying them. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment