Sunday, September 18, 2011

Optical Illusions

I have been meaning to post this for a week now.  After our basement flooded, our closet doors were taken off and I had the idea to put up curtains instead.  Granted, I have not had the time or motivation to iron them, so they are still wrinkly.  But it does give the illusion that we have a window bigger than a baking sheet even if it never lets light in.

This picture was taken with a phone, as per usual.

The sheer curtains are from Walmart and the brown panels are from Big Lots (Whoa!  Getting fancy!).  All together they were $40, plus the tension rod.  

It was a quick fix and adds texture to our room.  That sounds weirder than I thought, but it's true.  I enjoy the dimension it brought to our little basement bedroom. :)

Have a wonderful Monday!
Dani

2 comments:

  1. I think the curtains are a cool idea! It does add interest to a room. Are your doors getting replaced or are you keeping the curtains?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to keep them. The landlords certainly didn't mind :)

    ReplyDelete