Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Fall Capsule Wardrobe

I am SO excited about this post.  It's been weeks in the works.  Over the past month or so, I've pared down all of my clothes for every season.  I have NEVER been organized, but I am trying harder, starting with my wardrobe.

I first started seeing "capsule wardrobes" pop up on Pinterest about a year ago. The idea was really cool--a simple wardrobe that generally goes together so you can mix and match pieces.  Fall will be the first season of me officially doing this.

This was my inspiration and what I drew heavily from: http://theproject333.com/getting-started/

I'll be putting all of my summer pieces away and retiring (donating/throwing away) things I am done with or don't particularly enjoy wearing.

I have a few more pieces that I'll save for my winter capsule.  A lot of my fall capsule can switch over to winter, but there are a few pieces I'll switch out/add.

My capsule is really top heavy.  Like really top heavy.  I am missing a pair of jeans (how do clothes go missing?!) that I will add when I find them, making me have 4 bottoms.  I think that is sufficient for me as I have a few favorites I would wear all the time anyway.

So enough talking!  Here it is.  Forgive me for the terrible pictures.  I couldn't wait until morning light to take pictures to post.

Here is the breakdown:

1 pair of jeans
1 pair of slacks
1 pair of leggings
3 sweater dresses
1 pencil skirt
4 sweaters
5 t-shirts (long/short sleeve)
1 thin jersey cardigan
2 blouses
4 jersey scarves
2 belts
3 pairs of shoes
3 camis/tanks
31 pieces total
The whole capsule




5 tshirts, 2 blouses, cardigan

3 sweater dresses, pencil skirt

Jersey infinity scarves

4 sweaters

Leggings, jeans, slacks
<3 Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment