Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Weekend Highlights

As I sit here on hold with the IRS with tax questions (yes, I know, April 15th was a long time ago), I realized that I have been so busy that I have neglected my blog.  It's been a crazy week after a crazy weekend.   I had so much fun cooking for the company we had because I am all about presentation and everything I cooked was simple but looked like a million bucks.

Here are some highlights from this past weekend:


  • I was able to get the apartment at least looking clean
  • I harvested my own lettuce 
  • A delicious salad dressing was made to accompany it
  • I made the awesome hor d'oeuvres seen below
  • We had a few friends over Friday night 
  • A few of those friends stayed the night and I had girl talk until 3am (poor Jon slept on an air mattress!)
  • We could not stop at one dinner party, so we had company over on Saturday night too. (better take advantage of the clean apartment, eh?)
  • I placed my first Mary Kay cosmetics order (that story coming soon!)
  • We sang a song by Aaron Shust in church on Sunday
  • The sermon was about how love is not easily irritated.  (it was a great sermon!)
It's been over twenty minutes.  I am still on hold with the dear IRS.

I will be posting my blessings on Friday, but until then I will hang in there at work!

Mozzarella balls, parsley, and grape tomatoes marinated in olive oil.  So pretty and easy.  I also had phyllo cups with chicken salad--also very easy.



Dani

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmm your appetizer looks YUMMY!!! congrats on your MK order! and yay to a clean house and entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete