Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Headband Holder

I love headbands and with my new haircut, they are a must!  I have so many (mostly from Dollar tree) and I wanted a place to put them, but also a place to display them, especially my wedding one that I will probably never wear again.

Here is the end product:



It is hanging below my mirror and over my dresser (keep reading!)

Here is the step-by-step on how I made it:

Materials:
Large roll of paper towels- $1 at Dollar Tree
Wall mount paper towel holder- $6.99 @ Bed Bath and Beyond

Fabric of choice (I used a pillow case that matched our bedding)



Step 1: Wrap the paper towel roll in fabric of choice and sew or staple (or glue!) the seam so you cannot see the roll anymore.

Step 2: Tuck the excess fabric into the ends of the roll


Step 3: Mount the paper towel hold to the wall



Step 4: Place fabric covered roll on the roll holder



Step 5: Cover roll with headbands!



Voila!  You're done.  You can even spray paint the holder to match the furniture in your room or leave as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment