Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring Break!

Being an after school teacher allows me to get spring break off when all the kids are off.  My family (minus my dad who is visiting family in AZ and Caleb who is working) is coming up for Easter.  I'll get to entertain all 6 of them in my tiny abode.  I am SO excited to show my mom what I have done with the place.  I love decorating and it's been a bummer not being able to show her in real life.

So anyway, since we were back home this past weekend I asked if I could grab one of the kids to bring up for the week since they could conveniently just drive home after easter with the rest of the family.  For one reason or another Josh (11) was the one to come, most likely because he has no commitments/not a trouble maker. :)

We have had a great 2 days so far and we haven't even gotten to DC yet!  Yesterday, after a few errands and Noodles and Co., we decided to take I395 to see the monuments from the interstate.  Then I decided to take a trip down the GW Parkway.  It's a beautiful parkway along the Potomac River.  After a few stops at overlooks we found  Fort Marcy Park and took a little hike.  I just found out 2 minutes ago that the park was the center of a major scandal in the early nineties.

After that we went to get Josh a haircut so we could see his blue eyes again.  I, unlike my pregnant mom, have time and energy for errands like that.

Here are some pics from our day.  More to come this week!  These are from my phone, so I apologize for the quality.

A tree that fell over the path was cut.

At the overlook on the GW Parkway

Oh yeah, we crossed a stream to get to the place we were hiking.  Pretty BA if I do say so myself.

I love my little adventurer brother.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment