Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Summer Recipe- Chicken Salad


Summer is on it's way, and so is summer food!  We calm down on the comfort food and get out the fresh, cooler ingredients.  One of my favorite quick lunch foods for summer is chicken salad.  I am very particular about how I like it (just like my mommy!).  I have, in my opinion, perfected a chicken salad recipe.  Try it and tell me what you think!

Dani's Chicken Salad
1 large chicken breast, boiled and cooled
1/2 cup red grapes, cut in half
1 large celery stalk sliced thin
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. sour cream
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. Thyme
salt and pepper to taste

Cut chicken into bite size pieces.  Combine chicken, grapes, celery, and dried cranberries in a medium sized bowl.  Combine rest of the ingredients in a small bowl to make dressing.  Pour dressing over chicken mixture. Mix thoroughly.  Serve with French baguette slices. Yield: approx 2 cups of salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment